Sunday 29 July 2012

I went to the wood this evening.
It was very still, with pigeons sounding in the distance, and long-tailed tits pipping somewhere up in the tree tops.  The suns was slanting in at a sharp angle, but did not penetrate where I stood.  Although the air felt still, as I looked up the trees were swaying as in a high swell at sea, and I wondered at the swaying of the slim trunks, anchored among the pine needles, and dancing like wild things far above my head.
I felt nervous.
Soon my bed will be nestled at their feet, and I will be an alien sleeping amongst the trees, in the darkness.  I have not yet asked permission from them - from the trees, the spirits that dwell here.
Should I do this?  Is this being a little....silly?  Or should I take this precaution, and show respect to the environment that I will be sharing the night with?
But how to do this?
And who is it that I am expecting to be in communication with?

2 comments:

  1. Within most basic words, a Murphy sleep is really a sleep that's included in a wall, able to always be ripped out there as long as desired in addition to or else saved perfectly in addition to firmly within the wall, leaving everything that extra bedroom open for living space murphy bed

    ReplyDelete